Traineeships at the European Commission – Administrative in- service training periods
Next deadline: 2011-01-31
The Commission organises twice a year in-service training periods lasting between three and five months for young university graduates.
This does not exclude those who -in the framework of lifelong learning – have recently obtained a university diploma and are at the beginning of a new professional career.
The training periods start on 1 March and 1 October each year.
The purpose of in-service training is in particular:
- to provide them with practical knowledge of the working of Commission departments;
- to enable them to acquire personal experience by means of the contacts made in the course of their everyday work;
- Trainees are in principle selected amongst nationals of the Member States of the European Communities and of the candidate countries benefiting from a pre-accession strategy. However a limited number of nationals of non-member countries may be accepted.
In order to apply you must:
- enable them to further and put into practice the knowledge they have acquired during their studies and in particular in their specific areas of competence.
- have completed the first cycle of a higher education course (university education) and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by closing date for applications;
- not have completed a traineeship in another European Union institution or body;
- have a very good knowledge of English or French or German;
A training grant may be awarded to the trainee. The grant is currently EUR 1047,55 per month. Disabled trainees may receive a supplement to their grant.
To submit your application, you must:
- if you are a National of an EU Member State, have a very good knowledge of a second Community language.
- Complete and submit on-line the application form.
For more information, read the full application procedure<http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/application_en.htm>.
Deadlines: 31 January of the same year (October traineeships)
Read here more about when the traineeships take place here: http://ec.europa.eu/stages/information/traineeship_en.htm
Administrative Traineeship at the European Commission – Application forms, rules and general information: http://ec.europa.eu/stages/index_en.htm