University Doctoral Studentships

City provides a number of fully-funded, full-time, three-year Doctoral Studentships to outstanding candidates as part of its ongoing investment in academic excellence.

For entry in October 2012, we will be offering up to 70 new Doctoral Studentships. The deadline for applications is Friday 9 March 2012.

Eligibility

University Doctoral Studentships are available to both UK/EU and overseas fee-paying students who will be studying full-time. They can be held in any School of the University.

Applicants are assessed on the basis of their research excellence or demonstrable potential and the quality of their research proposal. If you wish to be considered for a University Studentship you should discuss your proposal with the relevant School, Department or Centre to establish whether you can be supported.

What is offered

A Doctoral Studentship provides:

• an annual bursary (£15,500 in 2012/13 and expected to rise in line with inflation in subsequent years);
  • a full tuition fee waiver;
  • a one-off allowance of £1,000 which may be used across the three-year period of the studentship to support research needs such as specialist training, equipment or conference attendance.

Continuation of the award after the first year is subject to confirmation by the relevant School of satisfactory progress. Studentship holders are usually expected to undertake some form of teaching support activity as part of the bursary arrangements. This will be agreed with the School concerned. Training will be provided to support any teaching activity.

The University provides a broad research and enterprise development programme to support the development of research skills.

For more information on how to apply, please visit our website.

0 Responses to University Doctoral Studentships

1. Adla Chatila says:

Dear Sir,
    this is adla chatila from lebanon, i graduated from city university with distinction in the program of MMBA since 2000
    can i apply to this doctoral program or any other options
    thank you

2. Aikaterini Oikonomea says:

Dear Sirs/Madams,
    I have sent the following message to Mrs Houghton and Mr. Barraud and I have not yet received a reply. Could you please guide me or give information regarding my requests, because I would not want to lose ay deadline.
    The message is the following :

“Dear …….,

I am an LLM graduate of City University (Distinction – Student Number 090049952) and I am interested in obtaining a PhD diploma, regarding research in Maritime Law. Unfortunately, I am not able to pay the fees and bare the cost of living abroad, so I would like to apply for a studentship, only I do not know if the University offers a research opportunity regarding this area of Law and an adequate studentship.
    I have been communicating with professor Anthony Rogers, who was my supervisor in the LLM programme (City University) and he informed me that there is a chance for me of commencing a research and be granted a studentship.
    I would like to know if there is such chance and if there is a supervisor to discuss with me a proposal (I am interested in Marine Insurance, collisions and sea polution, although I have not a clear proposal yet, that is why I want to contact a professor, to guide me).

Thank you for your time,

Yours sincerely,

Katerina Oikonomea,
    Lawyer, Piraeus – Greece”

Thank you in advance,

Yours faithfully,

Katerina Oikonomea,
    Lawyer, Piraeus – Greece

3. mohamed Awad says:

I have attended two full time actuarial courses at cass business school (Postgraduate diploma in actuarial Science 2002 and M.Sc.in Actuarial Management 2005). I am asking whether I am eligible for this Doctral?

Thanks
    Mohamed Awad
    Assistant Professor
    School of Management Studies
    University of Khartoum, Sudan

4. David says:

REQUEST FOR SCHOLARSHIPI am a Kenyan ceitzin aged 23 years old . i am talented young man who would like to study Chemical Engeneering if given a chance to do so. please assist.mob no:0700-289-126box # 88-80500Lamu,Kenya

5. mahroo Karimpoor says:

recently I have graduated from UCL London (Msc in Tissue Enginnering ) looking for phd funded opportunity in london I need to know is this possible to get offer from city university and how can I do this? many thanks
    mahroo