Jisc Digital Capabilities by Sarah Knight and Lisa Gray

Jisc Digital Capabilities

I was grateful to reconnect with Sarah Knight from Jisc, who joined me for a webinar with her colleague Lisa Gray yesterday to talk about the Institutional Approach towards Digital Literacies. The recording is now available and their slides. It’s interesting to see how Jisc have developed their thinking about supporting and developing both staff and student digital capabilities and how the partnership model is still an important way of supporting this.

I was also interested to hear about the Community of Practice they have set up and the meeting held at the University of Hertfordshire this week. You can find out more about the community by subscribing to their Jiscmail list. We have been using the free Jisc Digital Capabilities Discovery Tool on the module, but there are a number of features available in the subscription version that looked really interesting. Thanks for Sarah and Lisa for joining us and I hope to join them at their next event in May to share some of the ideas we have been developing on this module.

About Jane Secker

Senior Lecturer in Educational Development at City, University of London