Posts tagged stem
- Enhancing the quality of Final Year Projects in Computing through weekly written tasks
- Who wants to be able to do references properly and be unemployed? STEM student writing and employer needs
- The development of, and response to, an academic writing module for electrical engineers at the University of Bath
The journal is open access and all the articles are available as PDFs
The HEA STEM Annual Conference 2013 Where practice and pedagogy meet will take place on 17-18 April 2013 at the University of Birmingham.
The conference will explore the relationship between pedagogy and practice across the full range of HEA STEM disciplines. Call: The deadline for the submission of full papers and abstracts for both posters and workshops is 21 November 2012.
Areas for consideration at the conference will include the following:
- Improving the employability skills of STEM graduates;
- Innovative approaches to teaching and assessing large classes;
- Giving effective feedback to students;
- Growing diversity in the student population;
- Practices in peer mentoring;
- The impact of information technology in learning and teaching;
- Students as partners.
Further details of the conference and the submission arrangements can be found at the HEA STEM Conference page. If anyone is interested in collaborating on an educational technology focused submission please contact us.
- discuss the benefits and challenges of introducing a module in mobile application development as part of a computing degree,
- share experience and good-practice in designing and delivering a module in mobile application development,
- share experience of enhancing student learning and employability
- explore possibilities of promoting the study of computing at schools.
Date: 15 May 2012
Location: University of Buckingham
For further details and registration for the free event, click here.