What We Do
The TED team carry out a wide range of activities to enhance the student learning experience through the integration of technology into the curriculum. We:
- Advise staff on how to take advantage of learning technologies
- Provide technical & pegdagogical training for staff
- Conduct research around the use of learning technologies
- Loan out equipment for use by staff & students in teaching and learning activities
- Support projects that aim to develop teaching practice through the use of technology
Our work focuses on the use of technology in teaching and learning.There are several other sources of help relating to the use of technology by City University London staff:
- The SEMS / SoI Technology Support Team (TST) [login required] provide general IT Support for our Schools
- Contact the university IT Service Desk to report problems, request new services and for audio visual support.
- The Learning Development Centre support staff and learners’ academic practice, educational development and technology enhanced learning.
- Each university School has it’s own educational technology / e-learning team.
If you are unsure of who to contact please try us and we can point you in the right direction.
We work closely with other members of the Educational Technology Community (ETC) across the University to drive institutional strategy around the Strategic Learning Environment (SLE) and ensure that the specific needs of SEMS and SoI students are taken into account.
We are involved in special interest groups such as the Association for Learning Technology & the M25 Learning Technology Group to ensure the Schools benefit from the practice of others.