MSc Admissions Blog

Advice and Information from the MSc Admissions team

Tips on Applying for a Tier 4 Visa


With summer approaching, now is a good time to start thinking about visa applications. If you are an international student who requires a Tier 4 visa in order to study in the UK, we strongly recommend that you read the City University guidance. Please note that only applicants whose offer is unconditional can apply for a CAS (Certificate of Acceptance for Studies), although it is never too early to start preparing for your visa application, especially if your offer is still conditional.

To find out if you require a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK, please check here.

We have written a step-by-step guide to help you understand the process of requesting a CAS – we hope you find it useful.

The City University website also has a lot of information on how to apply for a visa. It is very important that you read the guidance carefully, particularly the section on what documents are needed and the funds you are required to show.

Finally, once you have received your CAS and have your documents and funds in place, please do not delay your visa application. For a rough estimate of how long it may take for a decision to be made on your visa application please visit the Home Office website. Please note that many visa application centres become very busy over the summer period.

Please feel free to contact our International Student Advice Team on if you have any questions or concerns about your particular situation.

If you follow our guidance carefully you should enjoy a smoother application experience. Good luck!

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *.

Skip to toolbar