With just under a week to go until in-person registration kicks off at Cass, the MSc Programme Office is busy making final preparations for your arrival. We are sure that you, too, have a lot to think about prior to starting the course. To help you along, here are some pointers:
- If you have not already done so, please complete online registration as soon as possible. The email with the link to register will have been sent to you from our Registry team. The first instalment of tuition fees must have cleared in our account before you can complete online registration so please keep this in mind if you are paying by bank transfer. For details of payment methods please see our finance page. When you have completed online registration please print off the Certificate of Completed Registration and keep it safe. You will need this when you attend in-person registration – we cannot accept documents presented to us on a mobile device.
- International students who require a visa to study at Cass will have been sent an email with an invite to upload their new Tier 4 visa onto our system. If you have not already done so, please upload your visa or email it to your admissions officer to upload for you. This will help to make in-person registration faster for you, as we will already have a record of your visa on the system. Please remember that you do also need to bring your passport and visa with you to in-person registration so that we can verify them. EU students will need to bring their UK passport, or EU passport / EU ID card.
- The induction and term 1 timetables are on the Induction Website, along with copies of the course and MSc handbooks. If you have misplaced the link or username/password needed to access the site, please contact your admissions officer. To ensure you do not miss any induction events or classes, please read your timetables carefully. We would also advise you to read the handbooks thoroughly so that you are familiar with procedures and hit the ground running when you arrive. The induction website also includes information on what in-person registration involves and what documents you need to bring. Having your documents ready when you arrive at Cass will make the process smoother for you.
- International students should also consider their options when it comes to medical and dental care. The British Council website gives useful information with regards to whether you are eligible for NHS (National Health Service) services or whether you will need to take out private health insurance before departing for the UK.
- Arriving in a foreign country can be a daunting experience, but these tips from the British Council might help you to prepare. Planning in advance how to get from the airport into London will probably take a weight off your mind. You can see advice on transport options on the Induction Website if you are travelling from Heathrow or Gatwick airports. You may also wish to make use of City University’s Meet and Greet service at Heathrow Airport Terminal 3 if you are arriving on 13 or 14 September.
- It is likely that you will need to open a UK bank account during your studies. In order to do so you will normally need a letter from your university confirming that you are a current student. You can request this letter online from the MSc Course Office at Cass after you have completed in-person registration – more information on this process will be given to you when you arrive.
If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact your Admissions Officer. We wish you a safe journey to Cass and we are looking forward to meeting you very soon!