Contributions invited to the Frontiers in Psychiatry/Psychology research topic of ‘Perinatal Mental Health: Expanding the Focus to the Family Context’.
Sample subtopics include:
– Fathers’/partners’ perceptions of and reactions to pregnancy and childbirth;
– Fathers’/partners’ involvement in pregnancy, childbirth, and early parenthood;
– Dyadic studies examining mutual effects between soon-to-become parents;
– Maternal and paternal identities in the modern family;
– The role of grandparents during the perinatal period;
– LGBT families and alternative family constellations;
– Intergenerational transmission of stress- and trauma-related consequences.