What is sketching?
Sketching is not about drawing. It is about design. Sketching is the rapid paper-based visualisation of high-level ideas, with the aim of capturing their simplest essence.
Why do we sketch?
- Generate many ideas.
- Add in new ideas as they come up.
- Can be done quickly and cheaply.
- Give you the freedom to make mistakes and think openly.
What I learnt from sketching?
- The design process is about getting the right design, and then getting that design right.
- Sketching is fun. There is no such thing as a bad idea.
- It is quick, easy and does not need a lot of materials ( Paper and pencil).
- It is a fundamental tool to helps designers express, develop and communicate design ideas.
Example of sketch
This sketch is part of Design Jam event.
This storyboard is part of Creative In Design project.
Useful Template Grid Paper