An excellent new website for people who want to get into advertising, media and communications is AdMISSION. ttp://www.theadmission.co.uk/ Key features include:
- Industry Guide – the kind of agencies you could work in
- Routes into the Industry – list of grad schemes, AdSchool (for penultimate year students), info for first year students and internternship and job vacancy details.
- Job Roles -job descriptions
- Careers Advice – includes tips for applying to grad schemes
- Blog – good way to keep up withthe sector. You can also sign up for the IPA Student Newsletter.
The site is overseen by the IPA (Institute of Advertising Practitioners), the professional body for advertising. Althought the profession welcomes people from all backgrounds and cultures, ethnic minority groups are very underepresented in the sector. As can be a hard profession to break into and as SEO have now moved into working with employers in the creative sector, applying via the SEO route would be a good move . Go to the Creative Industries and Advertising section at http://seolondon-careers.com/