As a student/graduate from City University London, it might seem like the natural option for you to look for work in the capital when you finish your course. It makes sense: a big variety of businesses hiring, most companies have their head offices in London, it’s a fast paced environment with people as competitive as they come and opportunities to match. On the other hand however, competition is fierce – you would not only be competing for jobs with fellow Londoners, but with graduates from all around UK, Europe and even the world.
While students are fighting for jobs, with some opportunities in London receiving up to 20,000 applications for 100 available places (e.g. L’Oreal Schemes), UK regional graduate recruiters are unable to fill in their vacancies due to a skills gap in the market.
So if you are still considering your options and are open to relocating within the UK, here are some jobs available for you on our City CareersHub:
South West & South East
– Simmons & Simmons – Online Services Administrator – £Competitive Salary – Bristol – apply here
– Burges Salmon – Training Contract – £33,000 p/a – Bristol – apply here
– Capgemini UK – Technology Graduate Programme – £Competitive Salary – Worthing – apply here
– BBC Radio Oxford – Broadcast Journalist – £Daily Rate – Oxford – apply here
Yorkshire & North
– Student Employment Services – HR Internship – £16,000 p/a – Wakefield – apply here
– Innovative Technology Ltd – Graduate Software Engineer – £24,300 p/a – Manchester – apply here
– Waterstones – Managed Services Consultant – £24,000 p/a – Durham – apply here
More Graduate Vacancies in the UK
http://www.graduateadvantage.co.uk/ (West Midlands)
What’s in it for you? Less competition, more opportunities, experiencing a different city/part of the country, meeting new people, perhaps even picking up a new accent…
Are you up for that?
Victoria, Employer Liaison Team