Gain excellent experience for a career involving working with young people like teaching, youth work or social work whilst developing your own leadership skills for those graduate application forms! Need an interest in music, media, drama, photography, sport or enterprise. Next deadline: 31 March 2015, but will recruit again later in the year in Autumn, so watch this site www.ncsthechallenge.org/seasonal-roles
Can I just say that this is a fantastic opportunity – some of you may have taken part in The Challenge yourself when you were 17 or 18. It is a personal development programme that really develops teenagers’ self-confidence and self awareness whilst also benefitting their local communities.
Enhance your CV and develop your leadership skills by applying for this excellent opportunity for City students. Great also for if you are interested in teaching as a possible profession, youth work or similar pathways.
Applications for Tutoring are open for the 2015-16 intake!
Applications are open for students who would like to tutor young people in Maths or English for the 2015-16 year. City tutors work with pupils from under-represented backgrounds, from as young as Year 5 all the way to Year 13. Tutoring can be one-to-one or in small groups, and is predominantly for those who are struggling with Maths or English.
- Tutoring takes place weekly for a minimum of 1 hour and runs from October to April, with optional sessions depending on availability until mid-July
- All tutoring takes place on Wednesday afternoons only, with most placements beginning at 1:30pm.
- Placements are at schools or colleges in Islington and surrounding boroughs.
- Tutors are paid for prep time as well as the time spent with the pupils, and reimbursed travel expenses. The deadline for applications is Monday 25th May at 5pm 2015, no late applications will be accepted.
- For more information please contact email@example.com.
- To apply for the Tutoring Scheme please submit an online application form which can be found at the following link https://forms.city.ac.uk/forms/41663.