Only a few days left to apply for THB – a graduate scheme in insurance – work in the City!
Insurance is not a sector that many students think about who are interested in a career in finance. Yet the sector employs a high number of grads in prestigious premises in an industry that is growing, with a good work/life balance. Having spoken to many young grads in the sector, they have talked positively to me about having interesting and challenging work, with early responsibility. This is a new grad scheme and THB are interested in grads of any discipline.
THB is a specialist mid-sized insurance and risk management company with more than 700 people, nearly $2 billion of premium placed and offices in:
THB’s head office is in the heart of London, which is where it is hosting its new graduate scheme.
The newly-launched, 18-month graduate programme offers you the chance to learn about roles within THB’s Technical, Claims and Broking teams based in London.
You will visit 3 or 4 business units, as well as spending time in Central Operations and undertaking an external placement. It’s a great way to understand how the business operates.
The aim of the graduate programme is to give THB a pipeline of talented people who want to develop a long-term career with the business.
You will receive:
- An induction programme that gives you the essential skills and knowledge you will need to succeed at THB
- Exposure to different part of the business
- A short-term external underwriting placement
- An appreciation of the roles of the THB central operations team
- A THB mentor who will give you advice and support throughout the scheme
- An active network of colleagues and resources.
You will spend around one day per month focusing on your personal development during the programme. You will attend relevant workshops available through the current in-house THB Learning and Development offering, in addition to technical and professional learning.
Your induction programme will quickly integrate you into THB, letting you navigate the business, building on processes, and equip you with an essential toolkit of knowledge, skills and behaviours to be effective during the programme and beyond.
As part of the programme you will complete the CII Award in London Market Insurance within the first six months and complete the CII Diploma in Insurance by the end of the programme. Beyond that you would be expected to achieve full ACII status within 2-3 years.
Every graduate will be matched with an existing THB employee to mentor and support you.
You are welcome to apply to the THB programme if:
- You are eligible to work in the UK
- You have a 2:1 degree or above in any subject
- You have GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English – minimum grade C.
THB is a relationship business so we are looking for enthusiastic people with fantastic communication skills, a great work ethic, the desire to learn and the ability to build relationships really quickly.
How to Apply
We want to make sure you are right for us and we are right for you, so our selection process is challenging. It’ll give you a great insight into how we do things at THB. The stages are:
- Application with CV and cover letter – deadline 31 January 2017
- Telephone interview – during February 2017
- Verbal and numeric reasoning tests – during February 2017
- Full day assessment centre including interviews – 25 April 2017
Application to the scheme does guarantee a particular role or business unit – permanent placement will be confirmed towards the end of the programme.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to recruitment@THBGroup.com, explaining why you think you are the right person to join the programme. More info is available on the Careers page of their website.