September 10, 2014
by MSc Admissions Team
With just under a week to go until in-person registration kicks off at Cass, the MSc Programme Office is busy making final preparations for your arrival. We are sure that you, too, have a lot to think about prior to starting the course. To help you along, here are some pointers:
- If you have not already done so, please complete online registration as soon as possible. The email with the link to register will have been sent to you from our Registry team. The first instalment of tuition fees must have cleared in our account before you can complete online registration so please keep this in mind if you are paying by bank transfer. For details of payment methods please see our finance page. When you have completed online registration please print off the Certificate of Completed Registration and keep it safe. You will need this when you attend in-person registration – we cannot accept documents presented to us on a mobile device.
Continue Reading →
September 5, 2014
by Cass Careers
Why is it important to have a LinkedIn profile?
I have been working in and around recruitment for the past 18 years as a recruitment consultant, an in-house recruiter and as a careers advisor and LinkedIn has had the biggest impact on the industry that I or anyone I know who works within recruitment has ever seen.
Here are some of the facts (there are literally hundreds of LinkedIn stats on the internet):
- LinkedIn operates the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with more than 300 million members in over 200 countries and territories.
- Professionals are signing up to join LinkedIn at a rate of more than two new members per second.
- LinkedIn is currently available in 23 languages
- There are over 39 million students and recent college graduates on LinkedIn. They are LinkedIn’s fastest-growing demographic.
- More than 3.5 million companies have LinkedIn Company Pages.
- More than 300,000 jobs posted on LinkedIn.
But it’s not just about having a LinkedIn profile and hundreds of contacts it’s about being discovered by other people. So how do you create the perfect LinkedIn Profile? Continue Reading →