CCI PhD students involved in establishing a gender and sexualities research forum
Gender & Sexualities Research Forum at City
This new research forum brings together PhD students and academics from a range of disciplines, departments and schools across the university with an interest in the broad fields of gender and sexuality studies. We offer a friendly, yet critically engaged, intellectual space for sharing and discussing ideas, research interests, agendas and outputs. In addition, we aim to provide a stimulating arena for the development of cross-disciplinary linkages, new research projects and collaborations.
Research Themes:The research themes are broad, reflecting the multi-disciplinary nature of the forum and the wide-ranging interests of our members. We welcome empirical, methodological and theoretical research and debates. Likewise, we are interested in scholarship exploring national, international and transnational contexts and processes, along with comparative perspectives.
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Feminist and queer theories, methodologies and methods
- Dynamics of power, discrimination and inequality; changes and continuities
- Discursive, visual, psychosocial and intersectional approaches
- Gender and sexual identities, subjectivities and relations
- Critical explorations of gender and sexuality in relation to: Language and discourse; (new) media, technologies and popular culture; media and international development; class and capitalism; ‘race’ and ethnicity; work and the professions; law and human rights; and many more
Events: We meet once a month and organize a variety of activities. These include presenting work in progress and research papers, running seminars and workshops, discussing readings, hosting speakers and organising day conferences.
Contact: For further information about the research forum and forthcoming events, to join the forum and/or mailing list, or anything else, please contact us on: email@example.com