The politics of an urban age: who governs the future of cities?
Andy Pratt spoke on a panel concerned with addressing the challenges of city-governments in finding urban solutions to global problems raises various questions in relation to the changing politics of the ‘urban age’, and the governance challenges posed by the apprehension of global and trans sectorial issues through an urban lens. The event took places at Springer Nature offices in Kings Cross.
The Chair was Professor Michele Acuto (Professor in Diplomacy and Urban Theory, University College London)
- Dr Anna Gasco (Senior Researcher and Project Coordinator at the Future Cities Laboratory Singapore-ETH Centre)
- Dr Igor Calzada (Senior Research Fellow & Lecturer in Urban Transformations, University of Oxford)
- Prof Andy Pratt (Professor of Cultural Economy, City University of London)
- Prof Jennifer Robinson (Co-Director of the UCL Urban Laboratory, University College London)
- Prof Michael Keith (Co-Director of the Future of Cities programme, University of Oxford)
Andy’s presentation is available on video here. The presentation was about transversal governance.
All of the contributors are writing for a special issue of the new online journal ‘Palgrave communications‘ a multidisciplinary journal for the humanities and social sciences.