Blogs

City Alumni Network

Cass Alumna Launches Professional Network for the Finance Industry in London

Alumni Notice Board, Cass Business School News.

Victoria Salem (MSc Management 2012) recently launched The Golden Network, a professional networking community designed for members of the financial industry in London. The Golden Network will organise sophisticated events and offer its members advantages and offers, through collaboration with high-standing partners around London and aims to be London’s premier member’s community for the financial sector.

The Golden Network will also guarantee its members exclusive access to high-end clubs, bars and restaurants around London. In order to preserve its core values of privacy and exclusivity, access is restricted so that members’ services remain relevant and enjoyable.

After graduating in 2009 from the University of Paris Dauphine with a Master’s degree in Economics, Victoria interned for Macquarie Bank in Sydney in business strategy, and in strategic planning for Condé Nast (London). She then gained her second Master’s degree, in Management from Cass in 2012, before spending a year in Private Wealth at Merrill Lynch.

Having acquired a variety of work experience and skills, she decided to create her own business and in February 2014, The Golden Network celebrated its official launch at Vogue House in London.

Speaking of her new venture Victoria says: “having a clear entrepreneurial mind and leadership skills, I always knew that one day I would start my own business. With The Golden Network, I have assembled everything I am passionate about – networking events, socialising, VIP treatment, high standing venues and sophisticated nights out – and decided to create a business out of it. Being an entrepreneur is a 24-hour job, but it is the most interesting and enriching adventure I have ever undertaken.

Whilst working in finance myself, and being an avid networker, I was disappointed by the lack of focused networking opportunities. While communities existed, I found them too open-ended to be really useful and was inspired to create something new.

The next step is to develop the same type of community around the world (Asia being probably the next destination).

So please do visit the website, follow me on LinkedIn and hopefully one day I will be welcoming you as a member!”