Blogs

City Alumni Network

Cass Alumnus is Beneficiary of Santander Internship Scheme

Alumni Notice Board, Cass Business School News.

Santander UK is helping fund internships for City graduates to work for smaller companies in an effort to encourage the young population to consider working for an SME rather than a large business. The scheme is open to all City students and recent graduates.

We caught up with Stelios Fragkasis (BSc Management 2012), a City alumnus of Sir John Cass Business School and one of the beneficiaries of this scheme. Below are excerpts from his interview.

If you are an SME or City graduate and would like to know more about this scheme, please contact Vin Bhabra in City Careers Office on Tel: 020 7040 8425, Email: manvinder.bhabra.1@city.ac.uk.

1. What is your current position/occupation?
I am an intern leveraged finance analyst

2. Why did you choose to study at Cass?
I chose Cass for its top ranking as a global business school and for its tailored courses to the business world. Besides, I was attracted to its links with the City and to its location at the heart of London.

3. What is your most treasured memory of your time at Cass?
The opportunity to mix with people from different cultures. But, I will always remember the demanding modules and the wide number of team projects.

4. How did you get to know about this internship?
I received an email from City Career’s office outlining that City advertises internships with SMEs. Then, I sent my CV.

5. What does the internship entail?
Portfolio monitoring  of private equity owned companies

6. When you’re not working, what’s your favourite thing to do in London?
Meeting friends and moving around London.

7. And lastly, what does the future hold for you?
I am interested in extending my knowledge in financial markets and obtaining the CFA qualification.