Taking an overview of Read for Research at City University London Library
- A patron driven acquisition scheme offered by Library Services based on the research interests of students and staff.
- Started in November 2013 and has continued since.
- So far we have purchased 1208 titles (books and e-books) through the scheme.
- Very popular across disciplines in the University.
- A reading list of titles is being compiled which indicates the breadth of research done at City.
- A visual display of titles can be found on our Researcher guide.
- See our #readforresearch and @Citylibresearch on Twitter and see feedback from our research students on their choice of titles and on Read for Research. Feedback includes : “Highly recommend
#readforresearch – have ordered loads of fantastic books. Get into it @SASSPhDSoc students!”
- The furthest distance travelled by a Read for Research (Law) book is probably a title ordered from Australia.
- City research students & staff can order titles by simply completing the Read for Research webform and use #readforresearch to discuss their choices.