#citylis News Blog: An Introduction to the Editor

This post is written by our new #citylis News Blog Editor who welcomes himself, talks about the future of the blog and calls to you to help out.

#citylis News blog Editor James Atkinson at City University London Library, where he works

#citylis News blog Editor James Atkinson at City University London Library

Hello, my name is James Atkinson and I have recently taken on the role of #citylis News Blog Editor; something I am very excited about indeed.

The blog was set up while I was a Library Science student (I finished last month!) and was something I found to be a great resource for seeing what other students were up to and what happened to old students after they left, as well as gaining insights into the work of PhD students and Academics and —.  I wrote a couple of blogs, too, and stole heavily from others for an article.

I want to now continue the good work of this blog and turn it into an amazing resource for current, future and former #citylis students.  And that is where, dear reader, I need you.

I am looking for #citylis writers to contribute to this blog.  In particular, we would like to build up the Student Perspectives and the Focus on Alumni sections to show how great our current students are and to inspire them, and future #citylis, with the deeds of those who have gone before.

Are you up for it?

Students!  Have you visited another library or an LIS exhibition that you would like to tell us about?  Have you been to a conference?  Or read an interesting book or article?  Get in touch and share your reviews and reports.

Alumni!  Let us know what you have been up to since you left – current and future students would love to hear about the profession that awaits them.

Academics!  Lecturers and PhD students – you won’t get let off the hook!  Let us know what you’re up to and we’ll add it to the Reflections and Research section.

And, of course, I will keep an eye on blogs and approach people for cross-posting opportunities but it would be great – really super great – if you get involved.  It’s a great way to practice writing and start to get known within the LIS world.

If you would like to get involved, please email me [James.Atkinson.2@city.ac.uk] with your ideas, suggestions and content.

Thank you in advance and keep on reading.  I am currently putting together an Editorial team and would like to tell you about them soon.

The next #citylis open evening will be on June 8th 2016 from 5.30pm. Check our main University web pages for forthcoming details.

If you would like to contribute to our blog, please contact our Editor, James Atkinson [James.Atkinson.2@city.ac.uk].

About James

Information Assistant (Academic Services) in the Library at City, University of London.
This entry was posted in News and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.