- “The processes and concepts of collection development and collection management by 2025 will be dramatically different from those in 2000.” An assessment
- Current CityLIS student Caroline Stafford wins BIALL Student Award for 2021
- Ways in which developments in scholarly communication are changing how research is disseminated. Implications for publishing and for library and information services.
- How has the rise in open access legal research impacted publishers and library and information services?
- The role of library and information services in navigating onlife and questions of identity
With the exception of embeds to and from external sources and direct quotations, CityLIS News is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Unless otherwise stated articles on this blog give the views of their respective authors and not the position of City, University of London.
Author Archives: James
This Guest Post by CityLibrary Librarians Diane Bell and Alex Asman looks back at a session they ran for CityLIS students earlier this year. *** LibGuides is an easy to use content management system which is used by City, University … Continue reading
Dr Deborah Lee, our visiting lecturer at CityLIS who is responsible for the Information Organisation module, has been awarded the 2017 IAML Uk&Irl E.T. Bryant Memorial Prize for her doctoral thesis “Modelling music: a theoretical approach to the classification of … Continue reading
Student Perspectives is our series of guest posts written by current CityLIS students. This post is written by Petra Killoran who discusses the history of acronyms and their use in Library and Information Science, or HAULIS. *** Digital Libraries and … Continue reading
We are delighted to welcome Shohana Nowrin back to CityLIS as she begins her PhD research. Here, Shohana briefly introduces herself and her work on information literacy. *** Hello everyone!! It’s me, Shohana Nowrin, and I am very excited to … Continue reading
CityLibrary staff would like to offer a workshop for CityLIS students giving an overview of using LibGuides technology to create subject topic and software guides and incorporating interactive content. LibGuides is an easy to use content management system used by thousands … Continue reading