- “The processes and concepts of collection development and collection management by 2025 will be dramatically different from those in 2000.” An assessment
- Current CityLIS student Caroline Stafford wins BIALL Student Award for 2021
- Ways in which developments in scholarly communication are changing how research is disseminated. Implications for publishing and for library and information services.
- How has the rise in open access legal research impacted publishers and library and information services?
- The role of library and information services in navigating onlife and questions of identity
With the exception of embeds to and from external sources and direct quotations, CityLIS News is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Unless otherwise stated articles on this blog give the views of their respective authors and not the position of City, University of London.
Category Archives: Events
The third in our successful DocPerform symposia series will take place at City, University of London, on 16th May 2019. DocPerform 3: PostDigital will present and examine concepts, theory and practice around the documentation of multisensory, immersive performance. The event … Continue reading
On November 12th, all CityLIS students taking classes on Mondays (i.e. full-time and part-time year 1) will attend the BL Labs Symposium at the British Library. The concept of data files as documents, which can be subject to the processes … Continue reading
CityLibrary staff would like to offer a workshop for CityLIS students giving an overview of using LibGuides technology to create subject topic and software guides and incorporating interactive content. LibGuides is an easy to use content management system used by thousands … Continue reading
Interdisciplinary Symposium: 6th-7th November 2017 City, University of London Organisers: Lyn Robinson & Joseph Dunne Website: https://documentingperformance.com Twitter: @DocPerform #DocPerform #CityLIS Programme Register Following our successful launch last year, the DocPerform project team are delighted to announce that our second … Continue reading
*** This post is by current MA/MSc Library Science student Sophie Johnston. Here she describes the background to the CityLIS forthcoming visit to the Internet Archive. Sophie is our student rep for Library Science for 16/17.*** I am now in … Continue reading