- “The processes and concepts of collection development and collection management by 2025 will be dramatically different from those in 2000.” An assessment
- Current CityLIS student Caroline Stafford wins BIALL Student Award for 2021
- Ways in which developments in scholarly communication are changing how research is disseminated. Implications for publishing and for library and information services.
- How has the rise in open access legal research impacted publishers and library and information services?
- The role of library and information services in navigating onlife and questions of identity
With the exception of embeds to and from external sources and direct quotations, CityLIS News is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Unless otherwise stated articles on this blog give the views of their respective authors and not the position of City, University of London.
Tag Archives: CityLibrary
This Guest Post by CityLibrary Librarians Diane Bell and Alex Asman looks back at a session they ran for CityLIS students earlier this year. *** LibGuides is an easy to use content management system which is used by City, University … Continue reading
CityLibrary staff would like to offer a workshop for CityLIS students giving an overview of using LibGuides technology to create subject topic and software guides and incorporating interactive content. LibGuides is an easy to use content management system used by thousands … Continue reading
This guest post was written by Derek MacKenzie, Head of User Services at CityLibrary and #CityLIS Guest Lecturer. Here, Derek looks at the collection, uses and reasons for statistics in university libraries. *** The end of July always marks an … Continue reading
Student Perspectives is our series of guest posts written by current #citylis students. This post is by current #citylis student, Isabel Martinez Carrasco and is about the volunteer position she undertook at CityLibrary last summer. *** Lyn Robinson informed us recently … Continue reading
This Guest Post is by CityLibrary’s (and our) Research Libarian, Diane Bell, and is about the time she has has spent on the CILIP Leadership Programme. *** I have just finished the CILIP Leadership Programme 2015-16. This was a pilot … Continue reading