- Student Perspectives: Warding gestures and flourishes: Text analysis and the creative writing process
- Student Perspectives: Mining For Data
- Student Perspectives: Why Big Data and Democracy?
- Student Perspectives: Lockdown, and What the Digital World Cannot yet Replace
- Student Perspectives: Franco-Arabic and the Secret History of Writing
With the exception of embeds to and from external sources and direct quotations, CityLIS News is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Unless otherwise stated articles on this blog give the views of their respective authors and not the position of City, University of London.
Tag Archives: classification
Dr Deborah Lee, our visiting lecturer at CityLIS who is responsible for the Information Organisation module, has been awarded the 2017 IAML Uk&Irl E.T. Bryant Memorial Prize for her doctoral thesis “Modelling music: a theoretical approach to the classification of … Continue reading
#CityLIS Student Perspectives: Summer Reading – Siu Ah Hanna James on Cataloging the World by Alex Wright
Student Perspectives is our series of guest posts written by current #CityLIS students. Current Information Science student Siu Ah Hanna James writes about a book she read in preparation for starting at City. *** While I was applying to CityLIS, I … Continue reading
CityLIS is delighted to congratulate our research student Deborah Lee on the award of her PhD. Debbie was awarded her PhD with only typographical corrections, a rare occurrance, and testimony to the talent (and effort!) Debbie has put into her … Continue reading