- “The processes and concepts of collection development and collection management by 2025 will be dramatically different from those in 2000.” An assessment
- Current CityLIS student Caroline Stafford wins BIALL Student Award for 2021
- Ways in which developments in scholarly communication are changing how research is disseminated. Implications for publishing and for library and information services.
- How has the rise in open access legal research impacted publishers and library and information services?
- The role of library and information services in navigating onlife and questions of identity
With the exception of embeds to and from external sources and direct quotations, CityLIS News is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Unless otherwise stated articles on this blog give the views of their respective authors and not the position of City, University of London.
Tag Archives: information
Student Perspectives is our series of guest posts written by current CityLIS students. This post is written by Alexander Bell, and first appeared on his blog on September 16th 2018. Alexander considers how colour can be read as information and the … Continue reading
This post originally appeared on 05/04/2017, on thelynxiblog.com *** The School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering at City, University of London is offering 5 doctoral scholarships for research students who wish to start in September 2017. The School is … Continue reading
CityLIS Reflections and Research: The multicultural, interdisciplinary record of humanity: library and information science by Lyn Robinson
This CityLIS Reflections and Research post is by Lyn Robinson and reflects upon Library and Information Science at CityLIS and in 2017. *** Whilst the cuts to public libraries within the UK have attracted significant column inches in recent years, … Continue reading
Student Perspectives is our series of guest posts written by current #citylis students. This post is by current #citylis student, Reham Alharbi, and is an introduction to the Internet of Things. *** To begin with, what does it mean? Internet of … Continue reading