- “The processes and concepts of collection development and collection management by 2025 will be dramatically different from those in 2000.” An assessment
- Current CityLIS student Caroline Stafford wins BIALL Student Award for 2021
- Ways in which developments in scholarly communication are changing how research is disseminated. Implications for publishing and for library and information services.
- How has the rise in open access legal research impacted publishers and library and information services?
- The role of library and information services in navigating onlife and questions of identity
With the exception of embeds to and from external sources and direct quotations, CityLIS News is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Unless otherwise stated articles on this blog give the views of their respective authors and not the position of City, University of London.
Tag Archives: Library Science
This Guest Post by CityLibrary Librarians Diane Bell and Alex Asman looks back at a session they ran for CityLIS students earlier this year. *** LibGuides is an easy to use content management system which is used by City, University … Continue reading
Student Perspectives is our series of guest posts written by current CityLIS students. This post is written by Petra Killoran who discusses the history of acronyms and their use in Library and Information Science, or HAULIS. *** Digital Libraries and … Continue reading
Student Perspectives is our series of guest posts written by current #citylis students. This post is by current #citylis student, Thomas Ash, and forms a most fantastic rundown of some of the most famous faces in Library and Information Science. *** … Continue reading
Student Perspectives is our series of guest posts written by current CityLIS students. Current Information Science student Matthew Peck writes about the role of librarians in art exhibitions. *** Having read the preparatory materials for the first day of my LIS classes, I’ve been … Continue reading
This guest post was written by Derek MacKenzie, Head of User Services at CityLibrary and #CityLIS Guest Lecturer. Here, Derek looks at the collection, uses and reasons for statistics in university libraries. *** The end of July always marks an … Continue reading