- Posthumous PhD Award for Dr Christopher Serbutt: Documentation and the Museum Object
- “The processes and concepts of collection development and collection management by 2025 will be dramatically different from those in 2000.” An assessment
- Current CityLIS student Caroline Stafford wins BIALL Student Award for 2021
- Ways in which developments in scholarly communication are changing how research is disseminated. Implications for publishing and for library and information services.
- How has the rise in open access legal research impacted publishers and library and information services?
With the exception of embeds to and from external sources and direct quotations, CityLIS News is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Unless otherwise stated articles on this blog give the views of their respective authors and not the position of City, University of London.
Tag Archives: metadata
Student Perspectives is our series of guest posts written by current and former CityLIS students. This post is written by Sarah Crompton, who considers the social implications of big tech companies entering all parts of our lives. The original post … Continue reading →
Student Perspectives is our series of guest posts written by current CityLIS students. In this post Andrea Anderson uses the metaphor of the Matryoshka Doll (commonly referred to as a Russian Doll) to unpack the interrelated topics and subjects the … Continue reading →
CityLIS News: Metadata for Information Management and Retrieval: understanding metadata and its use. 2nd Edition 2018 by David Haynes
The second edition of David Haynes’ key book for LIS practitioners, “Metadata for Information Management and Retrieval: understanding metadata and its use” has been published by Facet Publishing this month. Here, David gives a brief overview of what we can … Continue reading →
Student Perspectives is our series of guest posts written by current CityLIS students. This post is written by Katja Meden who discusses how metadata is used in SIstory, an information system concerning Slovenian history. *** Ever since the beginning of … Continue reading →