- “The processes and concepts of collection development and collection management by 2025 will be dramatically different from those in 2000.” An assessment
- Current CityLIS student Caroline Stafford wins BIALL Student Award for 2021
- Ways in which developments in scholarly communication are changing how research is disseminated. Implications for publishing and for library and information services.
- How has the rise in open access legal research impacted publishers and library and information services?
- The role of library and information services in navigating onlife and questions of identity
With the exception of embeds to and from external sources and direct quotations, CityLIS News is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Unless otherwise stated articles on this blog give the views of their respective authors and not the position of City, University of London.
Tag Archives: PhD students
CityLIS is delighted to congratulate our research student Deborah Lee on the award of her PhD. Debbie was awarded her PhD with only typographical corrections, a rare occurrance, and testimony to the talent (and effort!) Debbie has put into her … Continue reading
*** We are delighted to welcome three new research students to CityLIS for 16/17. In this post, Jerald Cavanagh tells us a little about his background and shares his initial research plans. Jerald will examine, explore and evaluate the different … Continue reading
This #citylis Reflections and Research post is by Lyn Robinson and was originally published on thelynxiblog on June 27th 2016. *** Here is a brief synopsis of the paper which @ludiprice and I presented at the Fan Studies Network Conference, … Continue reading
The following is an excerpt of a transcript of an interview between Ludi Price, a #citylis PhD student, and the Fansplaining podcast. The interview is about Ludi’s research into fan information behaviour and is featured in Episode 19 of the podcast, Cataloging Fandom. … Continue reading
This post is written by former #citylis research student and current visiting lecturer, David Haynes. Here he reports on the issues raised in an expert seminar he ran together with PhD candidate Cher Devey, on data protection. The seminar at City University London … Continue reading