I can’t believe the term is going so quickly and EDM122 is now half way through! This post is a little later than planned as I recently took over as Programme Director for City’s Masters in Academic Practice, as well as the module lead for EDM122 Digital Literacies and Open Practice. I am teaching this course again with my colleague, Dr Julie Voce who is Head of Digital Education at City.
There have been some changes to the module, including an additional teaching day has been adding. The four teaching days are supplemented by webinars which includes an amazing line up of guest speakers who are all experts in their field. This year the webinars mainly take place during the teaching days and so guests are welcome to watch the recordings, but can’t join these sessions live. A couple of the sessions have also been pre-recorded. Our experience in previous years was a relatively small number of people wanted to join live, however please drop us a line if you have any questions or are very keen to join a session.
The schedule for webinars for 2022/2023 is as follows:
- 12th October 2022 – Chris Morrison, Copyright and Licensing Specialist, Bodleian Libraries, University of Oxford, Digital literacy, copyright and open practices.
- 2nd November 2022 – Jenny Scoles, Academic Developer (Learning & Teaching Enhancement), Institute for Academic Development, The University of Edinburgh. Blogging as Academic Practice.
- 2nd November 2022 – Lauren Regan, Digital capability and City students & Geraldine Foley, Digital Capability and City staff.
- 23rd November 2022 – Lorna Campbell, University of Edinburgh and Catherine Cronin, Open Education Practices.
- December 20223 – Claire Wotherspoon and Catriona. Embedding Digital literacy in the curriculum.
So far we have got four recordings available and I will be adding the recordings and slides to the webinar page in due course and keeping this up to date. It’s hard to believe, but this is the fifth year of running the module and we have the largest cohort yet taking the course in 2022/23.