The first teaching day will be held on Thursday 21st October 2021 and will cover Definitions and Terminology including :
- Definitions / models / frameworks and relevance of this module to current teaching
- Dispelling the Digital Native myth and other generational models – exploring other models such as visitors and residents
- Digital Literacies and your students
- Digital Literacies / Capabilities and you as a teacher (using the Jisc Digital Capability toolkit)
- Open Practices – definition, including discussion activity about what it means to be open in relation to reading Fifty Shades of Open.
- More about terminology: OER, Open Access, Open Science – MOOCs, copyright, open licensing, Creative Commons etc.