About Me

My name is Dimitra Dimitrakopoulou and originally I am from Greece. I graduated from University of Patras, department of Computer Engineering and Informatics in 2015 where I gained a strong academic background in Computer Engineering and Programming. Through my undergraduate studies I obtained strong mathematical background and exceptional programming skills. In the last semester of my studies I developed a website, for the course “Programming and Systems on the Web”, using various programming languages (PHP, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, SQL) and other technologies like AJAX and JSON. Furthermore, by doing this project I familiarized with Facebook’s Graph API.
During my diploma thesis I further specialized in the fields of human-computer interaction and interaction design patterns. For this thesis, I studied the currently used languages and technologies utilized for coding interaction design patterns as well. By using an eye tracker at the usability lab, I conducted an experiment to evaluate important web search interaction design patterns. Examining twenty individual users, introduced me to the process of a scientific experiment (declaration form, data collection through question forms and interviews) as well as using Tobii studio. Furthermore, I developed a website as a visual presentation of this thesis by utilizing various programming languages such as JavaScript, HTML etc. During my diploma thesis, I worked in an agile environment and I learned how to be as efficient as possible in order to be within the strict deadlines. By the time I completed my thesis I was adept in implementing various techniques to maximize the usability of an interface in order to help users. Finding the particular field very interesting has led me into undertaking the co-authorship of a paper regarding the subject of web search interaction design patterns which presented in the 20th PanHellenic Conference on Informatics (PCI2016).
Except for my academic experience, I had the opportunity of putting my skills to practice by working as a web developer/ designer for a company in my hometown. My responsibilities ranged from updating the company’s website and e-shop to ensuring it’s perfect function. I was given the chance to implement the latest design trends and experiment with new ideas, sharpening my programming skills at the same time.
Recently, I started studying in City, University of London. The MSc of Human- Computer Interaction Design is expected to finish on September of 2017. During this year I expect to gain valuable knowledge about the design and the evaluation of new products. Courseworks have already started and that puts me in the process of accumulating new knowledge and experience.

Contact me:

dimitrakopoulou.n.dimitra@gmail.com