Michelle Moore, Remote Learner @ Moodlemoot 2011
Michelle provided some invaluable tips on setting up your Moodle module.
Strongly agree with points 3 and 10!
Top 10 tips!
- Don’t use more than 3 font styles. It increases cognitive load for your learners. Students spend to much time processing info.
- Maintain consistency.
- Don’t use course page for your content, use it as a launchpad..
- Make sure you can see one complete topic on the screen and no more.
- Don’t be the one doing all the work, create a question creator role, let students create the quiz questions. Let the students collaborate and participate.
- Remember the value of logs, a link from a label cannot be shown in reports. Use labels to guide students!
- Don’t force constant scrolling
- You can wrap resources around images in sections, they don’t have to be huge and take over the page. Consider the different screen sizes students will be looking at.
- Build content in books and lessons.
- Try out new tools, vary it.
Leave a Reply