FanLIS broadly follows the Code of Conduct for events as outlined by CILIP, which we have adapted and reproduce here as follows:
- We do not tolerate unacceptable behaviour towards participants, panelists, moderators, or staff in any form.
- Unacceptable behaviour includes, but is not limited to, intimidating, harassing, abusive, aggressive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct by any participant at our events in person or online.
- Harassment includes offensive comments or statements related to gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or disability; the display or dissemination of sexual images; deliberate intimidation; stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate at any part of the conference, including talks, parties, and any associated online media.
- All communication should be appropriate for an audience including people of many different backgrounds.
- Be kind to others, respect each other and look out for each other.
- Do not film or photograph delegates without their explicit approval.
- Respect other people’s property.
- Respect the venue rules and regulations.
Participants who display any harassing behaviour will be asked to leave the event immediately, or will be removed from the event by the event organiser(s).
To report an incident, both during or after an event, please email either Lyn Robinson (email@example.com) or Ludi Price (Ludovica.Price@city.ac.uk). All incidents reported will be treated with discretion and confidentiality.