Monday 16th December | 12.30 – 13.45 | B310 (LEaD training room)
Here are the references to the two articles and links through the library:
Wood M & Su F (2017) What makes an excellent lecturer? Academics perspectives on the discourse of ‘teaching excellence’ in higher education Teaching in Higher Education 22 (4) pp451-466 https://0-www-tandfonline-com.wam.city.ac.uk/doi/full/10.1080/13562517.2017.1301911
Lubicz-Nawrocka T & Bunting K (2019) Student perceptions of teaching excellence: an analysis of student-led teaching award nomination data Teaching in Higher Education 24 (1) pp63-80 https://0-www-tandfonline-com.wam.city.ac.uk/doi/full/10.1080/13562517.2018.1461620
To help us with the discussion here are some questions you might like to consider when reading the article:
- What was the purpose of the research and were the research questions/hypothesis clear?
- Does the literature review seem thorough and draw on recent literature related to the
- Is there a theoretical or conceptual model for the research?
- Is there reference to ethical approval for the study?
- Was there a clear discussion of how the sample was chosen and the representativeness of the sample to the population as well as details of recruitment?
- Is the research methodology clearly indicated alongside the data collection tools?
- Is the analysis of the data clearly outlined?
- Were the findings clearly presented and discussed?
- Were any limitations for the study indicated?
- What are the implications of the research for practice?
- Has further research been indicated?