AG24B is a flexible learning space complete with a number of colourful node chairs that can be moved around the room as well as large stretches of squiggle glass on the walls. The room is designed to support a variety of activities including group work and easy movement between different activities. However, this space is also designed to act as a flexible computer lab. Students are encouraged to bring their own devices to use on the tray provided by the node chairs. Academics can also borrow batches of iPads for student use. Alternatively, 20 laptops are available in lockers in a cupboard adjacent to the room to be borrowed by academics for student use enabling this room to be transformed into a computer lab complete with university provided devices. The laptops are equipped with required software and are web enabled using University wifi accessed using City University usernames and passwords. Laptops can be used individually or shared between pairs or groups or used in conjunction with other devices. The laptops are charged when plugged in in the laptop locker.
If you encounter any problems with the laptops, do report them to the IT Service desk on extension 8181. Do contact the LDC if you would like someone to take you through how to use the laptop lockers or just follow these simple instructions below. When borrowing the laptops, make sure you’ve plugged in each laptop, made the light green for returned laptops and red for empty lockers, and closed the lockers
How do I borrow the laptops?
1) Collect the Laptop Locker card from IS Service Centre, E101, Drysdale Building
2) Use your ID to open the room door
3) Use the Laptop Locker card to open the laptop locker
4) The locker light is green. Press the button to open the locker.
5) Unplug the laptop from the charger and take it out.
6) Press the button twice. The locker light is now red. Close the locker.
7) Repeat steps 4-6 for each locker you wish to use. Check that the panel displays the right number of laptops as you take them out.
How do I return the laptops?
1) Use your ID to open the room door
2) Use the Laptop Locker card to open the laptop locker
3) The locker light is red. Press the button to open the locker.
4) Replace the laptop and plug-in the charger.
5) Press the button once. The locker light is now green. Close the locker.
6) Repeat steps 3-5 for each locker you wish to use. Check that the panel displays the right number of laptops as you return them.
7) Return the Laptop Locker card to IS Service Centre, E101, Drysdale Building