Audience: City University London staff.
The Advice on Module Page (AMP) is a personalised online service that provides recommendations to support staff in designing more effective and engaging Moodle modules.
Requesting the AMP service
- You can request an AMP via ServiceNow. Select Request an IT Service or Item from the ServiceNow homepage.
- From the Educational Technology Requests section select Advice on Module Page (AMP) Service.
- For us to get started with our review and recommendations you will need to confirm that the Module Leader has approved the request and provide us with some information about the module and what you would like to improve.
The Educational Technology Team will review your module and provide a report with up to three recommendations to improve your module within two working weeks of receiving the request. This report will include the anticipated time required to implement the recommendations, as well as links to guidance and professional development available to help you in implementing these proposals.
We’ve been offering this service informally for the past year, and academic staff have requested advice on the structure and layout of Moodle modules and have asked for ideas on how to improve engagement with online activities. We have delivered recommendations around the following areas:
- how to improve the structure and layout of double modules
- how to structure a module to support students’ self-directed study time
- how to improve student engagement with an online activity
- advice on designing and structuring online activities
- advice on effective content design for online learning.
With the end of term approaching, you might want to request the AMP service for recommendations on how to maximise the module structure of term 2 modules using the City Course Format.