Many of you know that Dom Pates and I run the LEaD Writing Group, which meets on Zoom once a month, and is primarily a community of practice to support City bloggers. We dedicated time to writing as well as showcase individuals who blog. Last week, we were delighted to be joined by two members of City’s Senior Leadership Team to talk about the role that blogging can play in leadership. Professor Anthony Finklestein, City’s President and Professor Susannah Quinsee, the Interim Vice-President (Education) shared their thoughts about why they blog, what blogging can contribute to leadership, influential blogs that they read and much more.
If you weren’t able to join the session live or would like to catch up on it again, a recording from the session is available below.
We’re really grateful to both Anthony and Susannah for joining us for the session and for candidly sharing their thoughts about the value of blogging.
Links that were shared in the session included:
Some recommendations from Anthony and Susannah included:
- Laura Van Der Kam’s blog: https://lauravanderkam.com/blog/
- Boing Boing: https://boingboing.net/
- Peter Bregman: https://bregmanpartners.com/resources/
- Anthony’s post on work life balance: https://profserious.substack.com/p/life-life-balance-
- Susannah’s post on leadership and yoga: http://sqhq.co.uk/leadership/yogic-leadership/ with Anthony’s response: http://blog.softeng.info/2013/06/player.html?view=flipcard