If you’ve been following our series on the upcoming release of Moodle 4 at City, you may be interested in our upcoming Light Lunch on Thursday 20th April, 12.30. This light lunch is one of the first opportunities to get an overview of the changes to the system. We’ll be showing you what’s new, what’s improved and what’s staying reassuringly the same. We’ll cover our approach to the switchover to the new system, what this means for your modules and how you can prepare. We’ll also tell you how you can get involved in feeding back on the project. Full details of the light lunch are available here. There’s no need to sign-up, just follow the link in the description.
We won’t be able to cover everything in 30 minutes, so we’re running workshops on April 26th and May 2nd, 2023 on how to Spring Clean Your Modules for Moodle 4 to make them compatible with the Moodle 4. In the workshops, we will:
- Introduce the new module index, and how it appears to students.
- Review student feedback on module structure
- Consider how the new module index and student feedback can guide how you structure your module
- Consider how the new module index will influence your choice of Moodle activities and resources
- Discover how to check and improve the accessibility of your module
We’re also offering an Introduction to H5P. Once a feature only available to the pilot role on Moodle, H5P will be a core part of Moodle 4 and allows you to create interactive elements for your module.
For full details and to sign up, and to see the other educational technology and multimedia workshops on offer, see the LEaD Events Calendar.