What is Act on Acceptance?
From 1st April 2018, changes to UKRI’s open access policy (formerly HEFCE) require researchers to submit their work to City Research Online within 3 months of acceptance to be eligible for the next REF.
As soon as you know your research will be published in a peer-reviewed journal, or conference proceedings, Act on Acceptance and make your research open access.
What do you have to do?
- Upload your publications to your Publications profile as soon as possible after they have been accepted for publication.
- Make sure it’s the accepted manuscript and not the published version: the accepted version is peer-reviewed but not typeset for publication.
What happens next?
The Publications Team will check your deposits to make sure they are compliant with the HEFCE policy, and the publishers’ terms and conditions regarding copyright and embargo periods. Once these checks are complete, they will make them available in the City Research Online repository.
What if you need help?
If you need help with depositing papers, or have questions about the open access policy, you can consult the City Research Online and Publications library guides.
Alternatively, you can contact the Publications Team who will:
- Answer enquiries by telephone and email.
- Meet with you in one to one appointments.
- Help you understand the HEFCE open access policy.
- Help you upload your papers to your publications profile.