Exciting news! Westlaw has been updated to include some brand new and improved features, with the new platform going live from today. City students and staff will still be able to log-in directly using your username and password.
Some of the changes include:
- Folders: the new platform will provide improved folder capabilities, annotation and sharing options, plus a new favourites feature. Your existing folders won’t be transferred automatically though, so you’ll have to recreate them on the new platform.
- Alerts: the new platform has improved search and alerts functionality – just like Folders you’ll need to recreate any existing alerts on the new platform.
Our Law Librarian Rob will be running introductory workshops to help you get to know the new layout:
|Tuesday 13th August 1-2pm||AG24a||Register Online|
|Thursday 15th August 2-3pm||Princeton Street, Computer Room||Register Online|
|Wednesday 2nd October 3-4pm||Northampton Square Library, Level 3 Teaching Room||Register Online|
|Thursday 3rd October 2-3pm||Princeton Street, Computer Room||Register Online|
Westlaw are also running online introductory training sessions on using the new platform – see below for dates and links where you can sign up for the training:
- Wednesday 7 August, 13:00 -14:00
- Friday 9 August, 10:00 -11:00
- Friday 16 August, 13:00 -14:00
- Thursday 22 August, 11:00 -12:00
- Thursday 29 August, 15:00 -16:00.
Westlaw is a key resource which covers cases, legislation, journal articles and abstracts, full-text practitioner books and commentary: it also contains the Legal Journals Index of UK legal periodicals dating back to 1986.