On Monday 6th September the new City Law School building, on the corner of Sebastian Street and Goswell Road, opened its doors to staff and students for the first time. This handsome building incorporates two historic structures into its design: and located on the first floor you’ll discover the new Law Library.
Over the summer the Law Library Team have been working to prepare the space and collections ready for the start of term.
For the first time the books, Law reports and journals that comprise the Law collection have been brought together under one roof, having previously been split over different sites.
Services and features in the new library include:
- a Help Desk staffed by the specialist Law Library Team during opening hours
- over 100 individual silent study spaces
- more than 70 PC terminals in the Computer Lab
- an Assistive Technology Room
- and, for those who like to relax with a good book, a diverse collection of fiction titles too.
More information about the Law Library, including a virtual tour, can be found online.