OverDrive is a platform providing access to a wide range of fiction and non-fiction e-books. OverDrive works in a slightly different way to our other e-book suppliers, rather than just read books online you can borrow items and read them on the go via an app called Libby.
What can I borrow?
- All City staff and students can borrow 5 books at a time from OverDrive – this is on top of your normal library borrowing allowance.
- Loans are for two weeks.
- You will have the opportunity to extend your loan if there are no reservations on the title.
The Libby app
- Download and install the ‘Libby, by OverDrive’ app from the App Store, Google Play Store or Windows Store.
- In Libby, follow the prompts to find City, University of London and sign in with your City username and password.
- From here you can browse our collection and borrow a title.
- Borrowed titles appear under Shelf > Loans and download to the app automatically when you’re on Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
- Tap ‘Manage Loan’ to see options like Renew and Return.
If you have any questions about OverDrive you can contact your Subject Librarian or Alex Asman (Alexandra.Asman.email@example.com)