We are pleased to announce that the Business Library at Bunhill Row will re-open on Monday, 16th November from 09:00 – 21:00. Monday to Friday. Bookable study spaces, PCs and specialist financial terminals will be available in addition to a click and collect service for requested books.
Please ensure you book a study space or PC in advance. Track and trace will be in operation via QR code check-in for bookable spaces and, in accordance with University guidelines, all Library users are required to wear a face covering when using Library spaces unless exempt from doing so.
Library users are advised to check the Library website for current information about service availability.
Do you ever feel overwhelmed when you’re assigned to write an essay? Do you struggle to manage your time effectively? Do you want to get better at sitting exams?
Our colleagues in the Academic Skills Team are hosting a series of Study Skills webinars that address these common challenges and more.
These webinars are designed to support you when learning remotely and will begin on the 16th of October, running through to 8th of December. They include: Continue reading Brush up on your academic skills this autumn
We are pleased to announce that Financial resources on site are now available to students.
For those of you able to come to campus, 12 terminals are currently available in the Business School at Bunhill Row, and 6 terminals at Northampton Square Library will be available from Monday 5th October. Continue reading Financial databases on site access
Attention Business students! Whether you are new to the Business School or you just want to brush up on your academic skills, you can quickly learn about which resources you can use and how to access them with our new Business Library Online Resources videos.
They average about 10 minutes in length each and consist of the following:
- Business Libary Online Resources: get started -This video gives you a quick introduction to finding and using our wealth of online resources through our website and our library guides. We have specialist resources available for financial data, company information, market research, academic research, news and current awareness, and citing and referencing.
Continue reading 5 videos for Business students
Doing a project on M&A? Library Resources has many resources available remotely for Mergers and Acquisitions. The most popular include:
- Zephyr – Web-based database providing data on all kinds of deals including Mergers & Acquisitions, IPOs, private equity and venture capital. Add data about details of deals and download into Excel. Access it with your City username and password.
- Eikon – Use the Deal Screener in Excel or the Mergers & Acquisitions Advanced Search (MASRCH) in the web version to find M&A to find data. For access please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- SDC Mergers & Acquisitions and SDC New Issues via WRDS – Access some data in SDC over the web. This is a very advanced database, and it helps if you have a sample before you begin.
- CB Insights – Global database of private companies and their activities including venture capital, angel investor-backed private startups. For access please email email@example.com.
Continue reading Dealogic and Mergers & Acquisitions databases