Westlaw Uk / Westlaw Books / Practical Law
The CityLibrary Login screen for these databases will change from 5pm today, 30th November.
Sign in via the IT login screen when prompted.
There will be some downtime overnight when Westlaw personal folders will not be available.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you need any help
We will be updating the login for some of our online library resources in the week commencing 23rd November.
How will this affect me?
This work will affect the way you login to the following online library resources which use the OpenAthens or Institutional login.
- Westlaw UK
- Westlaw Books
- Practical Law
- Nexis UK
What should I do?
All users are asked to back up any important research data in these databases by Wednesday the 25th November.
Please be aware there may be intermittent access issues for some resources during the week of 23rd to 30th November while publishers systems update.
We aim to make the process as seamless as possible. However, whilst we are working with publishers to try and maintain our users’ personal settings, we cannot guarantee changes to users’ settings will not occur.
As a precaution, please can you save any personal settings, files and folders on online library resources websites that you have associated with your City account details before the 25th Nov. This is to minimise any risk to your research data.
From 23rd November onwards, you will start to see changes to login screens when you follow options to sign in via institution or sign in via OpenAthens.
Things to be aware of
- If you have a personal account you may need to re-associate it with your login the next time you access a database (e.g. ThomsonReuters OnePass)
- If you have saved searches and alerts you may need to set them up again.
- If you have bookmarked resources you may need to re-bookmark them.
- Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help.
- This will only affect online library resources that use an OpenAthens or institutional sign in as below.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. Contact our E-Access Team via email@example.com if you have questions or need any help at all.