We will be updating the login for some of our online library resources in the week commencing 23rd November.
How will this affect me?
This work will affect the way you login to the following online library resources which use the OpenAthens or Institutional login.
- Westlaw UK
- Westlaw Books
- Practical Law
- Nexis UK
What should I do?
All users are asked to back up any important research data in these databases by Wednesday the 25th November.
Please be aware there may be intermittent access issues for some resources during the week of 23rd to 30th November while publishers systems update.
We aim to make the process as seamless as possible. However, whilst we are working with publishers to try and maintain our users’ personal settings, we cannot guarantee changes to users’ settings will not occur.
As a precaution, please can you save any personal settings, files and folders on online library resources websites that you have associated with your City account details before the 25th Nov. This is to minimise any risk to your research data.
From 23rd November onwards, you will start to see changes to login screens when you follow options to sign in via institution or sign in via OpenAthens.
Things to be aware of
- If you have a personal account you may need to re-associate it with your login the next time you access a database (e.g. ThomsonReuters OnePass)
- If you have saved searches and alerts you may need to set them up again.
- If you have bookmarked resources you may need to re-bookmark them.
- Please contact us via email@example.com if you need any help.
- This will only affect online library resources that use an OpenAthens or institutional sign in as below.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. Contact our E-Access Team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need any help at all.
We are pleased to announce that the Business Library at Bunhill Row will re-open on Monday, 16th November from 09:00 – 21:00. Monday to Friday. Bookable study spaces, PCs and specialist financial terminals will be available in addition to a click and collect service for requested books.
Please ensure you book a study space or PC in advance. Track and trace will be in operation via QR code check-in for bookable spaces and, in accordance with University guidelines, all Library users are required to wear a face covering when using Library spaces unless exempt from doing so.
Library users are advised to check the Library website for current information about service availability.
Did you know you can attend Library workshops to support your studies and research?
Or, that you can book an appointment with a Subject Librarian for expert help? Continue reading Library workshops and specialist support
Do you ever feel overwhelmed when you’re assigned to write an essay? Do you struggle to manage your time effectively? Do you want to get better at sitting exams?
Our colleagues in the Academic Skills Team are hosting a series of Study Skills webinars that address these common challenges and more.
These webinars are designed to support you when learning remotely and will begin on the 16th of October, running through to 8th of December. They include: Continue reading Brush up on your academic skills this autumn
We are pleased to announce that Financial resources on site are now available to students.
For those of you able to come to campus, 12 terminals are currently available in the Business School at Bunhill Row, and 6 terminals at Northampton Square Library will be available from Monday 5th October. Continue reading Financial databases on site access
Attention Business students! Whether you are new to the Business School or you just want to brush up on your academic skills, you can quickly learn about which resources you can use and how to access them with our new Business Library Online Resources videos.
They average about 10 minutes in length each and consist of the following:
- Business Libary Online Resources: get started -This video gives you a quick introduction to finding and using our wealth of online resources through our website and our library guides. We have specialist resources available for financial data, company information, market research, academic research, news and current awareness, and citing and referencing.
Continue reading 5 videos for Business students
The Business Library at Bunhill Row has partially reopened to staff and students for Click & Collect items and bookable study spaces.
While we continue to provide comprehensive online support via chat, Ask Us and online appointments, we are also introducing limited access to study spaces and PCs, as well as to requesting items via a Click & Collect service. Continue reading Business Library at Bunhill Row now open
Doing a project on M&A? Library Resources has many resources available remotely for Mergers and Acquisitions. The most popular include:
- Zephyr – Web-based database providing data on all kinds of deals including Mergers & Acquisitions, IPOs, private equity and venture capital. Add data about details of deals and download into Excel. Access it with your City username and password.
- Eikon – Use the Deal Screener in Excel or the Mergers & Acquisitions Advanced Search (MASRCH) in the web version to find M&A to find data. For access please email email@example.com
- SDC Mergers & Acquisitions and SDC New Issues via WRDS – Access some data in SDC over the web. This is a very advanced database, and it helps if you have a sample before you begin.
- CB Insights – Global database of private companies and their activities including venture capital, angel investor-backed private startups. For access please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continue reading Dealogic and Mergers & Acquisitions databases
We are pleased to announce that Library Services are now able to offer remote access to Morningstar Direct during the current closure period.
Morningstar Direct is usually only available from dedicated terminals on site. It is an investment analysis platform, providing access to investments in Indexes, Equities, Hedge Funds, Segregated Accounts, Open-End Funds, Closed-End Funds, Insurance/Pension/Life and Exchange Traded Funds.
Please note that Morningstar can only be used on a Windows PC/laptop. Instructions for downloading Morningstar, the Excel Add-in, how to use the web version and the current password (which will change each week) can be obtained via the Cass Library Services Moodle Module.
If you don’t currently have access to this module you can self enrol – please go to Cass Library Services Moodle Module, and click ‘Self-Enrol’ when prompted.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Have you ever wondered why a library resource is not working or wanted to check if there is any upcoming system maintenance? You can now quickly do so, by checking our Current status of library services and resources page!
We knew that having a centralised place to check would make your life easier, so we worked hard to produce a tool that would clearly show you the status of Library Services’ core systems and services. So now, in one place, we are able to highlight to you known issues and periods of service disruption, and provide you with information on alternatives where necessary.
On that page you will be able to check the status of our online resources, services and spaces. Specific major issues are highlighted at the top, but you can click on each category to get more details on what is happening (an alert shows next to a category when there is an issue related to it), and learn about other potential issues:
- In Online resources are listed current issues with library resources and news items about upcoming maintenance, as well as workarounds for known issues. If you have found an issue with a resource, this page may tell you why. If not, you can report the issue to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By checking the status of our Services, you will know if any of them is disrupted – did you know that all but one are available at the moment?
- Currently all our physical Spaces are closed, of course, but this will be a useful page to remember checking when we reopen.
Give it a quick try at https://libanswers.city.ac.uk/systems – see what’s happening and what will be happening soon!