We will be updating the login for some of our online library resources in the week commencing 23rd November.
How will this affect me?
This work will affect the way you login to the following online library resources which use the OpenAthens or Institutional login.
- Westlaw UK
- Westlaw Books
- Practical Law
- Nexis UK
What should I do?
All users are asked to back up any important research data in these databases by Wednesday the 25th November.
Please be aware there may be intermittent access issues for some resources during the week of 23rd to 30th November while publishers systems update.
We aim to make the process as seamless as possible. However, whilst we are working with publishers to try and maintain our users’ personal settings, we cannot guarantee changes to users’ settings will not occur.
As a precaution, please can you save any personal settings, files and folders on online library resources websites that you have associated with your City account details before the 25th Nov. This is to minimise any risk to your research data.
From 23rd November onwards, you will start to see changes to login screens when you follow options to sign in via institution or sign in via OpenAthens.
Things to be aware of
- If you have a personal account you may need to re-associate it with your login the next time you access a database (e.g. ThomsonReuters OnePass)
- If you have saved searches and alerts you may need to set them up again.
- If you have bookmarked resources you may need to re-bookmark them.
- Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help.
- This will only affect online library resources that use an OpenAthens or institutional sign in as below.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. Contact our E-Access Team via email@example.com if you have questions or need any help at all.
Do you sometimes feel confused and unsure where to start when an assignment deadline is approaching? Do you think your writing or argumentation skills could benefit from a little push? Fret not, there are various teams at the University that are here to give you all the support you need. Continue reading Getting stuck with your assignments?
October is Black History Month in the United Kingdom, when we pay special attention to the often untold history, experiences, and contributions of black people to this country and to the wider world. The Black Lives Matter events have brought to the forefront the issues of systemic racism and social inequalities. Whatever our skin colour, it is important to understand the background of these events, and to listen to the experiences of people who have suffered and continue to experience discrimination in many areas of their lives for no other reason than the colour of their skin.
Due to current circumstances we can’t have a book and information display in the physical space of the Library, but there is genuinely a wealth of resources and opportunities out there to learn, listen, and be together. Continue reading Black History Month
We are pleased to announce that Financial resources on site are now available to students.
For those of you able to come to campus, 12 terminals are currently available in the Business School at Bunhill Row, and 6 terminals at Northampton Square Library will be available from Monday 5th October. Continue reading Financial databases on site access
We want to make sure you’re able to access and use all the online Library resources and services available to you working remotely. There are lots of ways you can get support 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including: Continue reading CityLibrary’s online, you’re feeling fine
Attention Business students! Whether you are new to the Business School or you just want to brush up on your academic skills, you can quickly learn about which resources you can use and how to access them with our new Business Library Online Resources videos.
They average about 10 minutes in length each and consist of the following:
- Business Libary Online Resources: get started -This video gives you a quick introduction to finding and using our wealth of online resources through our website and our library guides. We have specialist resources available for financial data, company information, market research, academic research, news and current awareness, and citing and referencing.
Continue reading 5 videos for Business students
COVID-19 in America: Response, Issues, and Law is a brand new database available via HeinOnline focusing on issues related to the ongoing global pandemic from a U.S. perspective. Continue reading COVID-19 in America: Response, Issues, and Law
If you are lucky enough to have some time off during the summer, your thoughts might turn to books you’ve wished to read for a long time, or maybe to simply losing yourself in some attention-grabbing fiction to forget about all else and completely recharge.
The Library now offers a Click & Collect service for items that are located at either Northampton Square Library or Law Library (Northampton Square). However, if you can’t make it to the campus, don’t forget we have many e-books available, too. Like any other resource, you can find them using CityLibrary Search. Just type in the title and select the Full text online filter on the left hand side (you might need to click on the menu icon if using a mobile device). Here is a selection of what we’ve found:
If you find it too hot for fiction, why not browse a magazine via PressReader, or check Box of Broadcasts for a film or a TV show? Either way, we hope you manage to take some time off for yourself before it’s time for the next chapter.
Doing a project on M&A? Library Resources has many resources available remotely for Mergers and Acquisitions. The most popular include:
- Zephyr – Web-based database providing data on all kinds of deals including Mergers & Acquisitions, IPOs, private equity and venture capital. Add data about details of deals and download into Excel. Access it with your City username and password.
- Eikon – Use the Deal Screener in Excel or the Mergers & Acquisitions Advanced Search (MASRCH) in the web version to find M&A to find data. For access please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- SDC Mergers & Acquisitions and SDC New Issues via WRDS – Access some data in SDC over the web. This is a very advanced database, and it helps if you have a sample before you begin.
- CB Insights – Global database of private companies and their activities including venture capital, angel investor-backed private startups. For access please email email@example.com.
Continue reading Dealogic and Mergers & Acquisitions databases
Now that the summer’s here and you have less on your plate studies-wise, it can be a good time not only to have a breather, but also to take a moment and focus on the bigger picture. What is the job you would like to land after your studies? What are the tips and tricks of getting through the selection process? How can you prepare yourself and get ahead in your chosen career?
Continue reading Finding your dream job