Graeme’s secondment with MAfS comes to an end

In this post, Graeme reflects on his experience as an Assistant Business Analyst with the MAfS team. We would like to congratulate Graeme for his new role and thank him for his invaluable contribution to the MAfS projects. We will be seeing you around, Graeme! Keep reading to find out more about Graeme’s experience.

Well, the time has come for me to leave MAfS, after a planned 6 months turned 10 months, I have decided to re-join SASS as a Senior Course Officer within Psychology. I am going to miss the lovely team and the great fun we have had, despite never having met most of the team, bar John, who lives around the corner!  

I had a fast-paced start taking on OMS and Assessments, which have allowed me to gain an excellent insight into the role of a business analyst. I have enjoyed getting to know and forming professional relationships with many colleagues across the University, which I am sure will continue to be extremely valuable to any role I take up at City in the future. 

I am so proud to have been able to help deliver OMS for this academic year, despite the challenges we all faced during the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting programme re-design. With over 80% of students completing their Online Module Selections, it was an excellent achievement for all involved. 

The Assessment Reports that John and I worked on with IT, QUAD and the Schools were developed under high pressure and in a short space of time. We now can run these reports alongside existing solutions to elicit feedback from Schools. This will allow us to enhance the reports to meet any missing must-have requirements to the best of our ability and resource. I am looking forward to making use of the new improved tools in due course in my role back in SASS. 

Overall, I am very proud of my achievements in the MAfS team and the skills I have acquired are already helping me in other roles I undertake in life, such as my volunteering role. I would like to extend a thanks to the team and hope that they will invite me to the end of the project drinks in July, if we’re allowed to have a drink in the sun by then! 

MAfS team