The MAfS Team have been hard at work setting up and implementing the new student and staff communications platform – Poppulo, which is a part of the Student Communications project. Damian, Yusuf and Mariana from MAfS worked alongside colleagues from Marketing and External Relations at City including Catherine Gowers, Eleanor Waithe-Arnold, Gemma Bradshaw and William Fox. Recent milestones of the Student Communications project include:
- The use of Poppulo for the all-student newsletter, Campus News, that is sent out to students’ City email addresses
- A first case use for the staff communications side of the project being agreed and implemented via an all-staff Christmas message from the President, Professor Sir Paul Curran
- The use of Poppulo for the all-staff newsletter, CityWire
- Exploring other potential use cases for the system arising for targeted communications to segmented groups of staff and students (e.g. School-based groups)
- A lessons learned workshop examining positives of the project, areas for improvement and stakeholders’ feedback on how the project ran
We set out to deliver a tool that allowed us to realise the potential of the student communications function at City, by enabling targeted communications, analytics, personalised content and integrated feedback. Similarly, we aimed to maximise value on the staff communications side to allow us to increase the impact of relevant City initiatives, support modern, dynamic content that our colleagues find engaging and embed feedback mechanisms that encourage continuous improvement. The project has been very successful in achieving its aims and due to the hard work of colleagues across City, has reached its final stages before hitting business as usual. This is in no small part thanks to the hard work and dedication of Damian, the Project Manager for the Student Communications project who has now left City for a Project Manager role in a different organisation (we miss you Damian but we know you’re doing more amazing work in your new role!).
The Communications Team at City have now taken full charge of the Poppulo system and are sending us all great content to our inboxes. Be sure to check your next CityWire newsletter (or see the archive here) so that you can see the shiny new design that the team has made using Poppulo!