Interactive literature review
- Hand out parts of the readings for the topic – a different text for each group.
- Put up a set of questions or principles on the board
- The students have to answer the questions or link ideas to the principles from the text they have been given
- Get them to write on a piece of paper with correct referencing
What the activity achieves
- Ensure the students do the readings
- Develop an ability to draw out ideas from within the text
- Practice referencing
- Practice forming a literature review
- Once each group has written down what the text says, each group is given one of the questions/principles and has to group together like ideas and separate out different ideas
- Have additional readings to give to groups who finish quicker than others.