Love Food Hate Waste…Save £££! North London Waste Authority shows us how!

, , 7 Comments

This week, Toby Jones from the North London Waste Authority (NLWA) ran two interactive and informative sessions on the impact of food waste on the environment (and our finances of course!) and practical steps we can take to reduce our food waste. These included:

• Food storage tips
  • The difference between “Best before”, “Use by”, “Sell by” and “Display until” dates
  • Creative ways to use leftovers

There were lots of freebies on offer including spaghetti measures, bag clips, fun recipes and tapwater bottles! The “Portion Guessing” game also proved quite popular.

If you couldn’t make these session, don’t worry there are more to come! Look out for Toby during Fairtrade Fortnight 25th February to 10th March 2013

If you live in North London, be sure to take part in NLWA’s “It Pays to Plan Challenge” a chance to reduce your food waste, save money and win prizes! Competition closes on the 28th of February 2013.  Enter now!!!

7 Responses

1. Denis

September 13, 2023 2:58 pm

Looking for where you can play slot machines online and have fun? Then you are in luck, because I have found for you an online casіno with Best RTP Slot – https://onlinecasinoprofy.com/en/highest-rtp-slots/, where you will have tons of fun playing and only big wins, thanks to unimaginably high odds. Here you will find only the highest paying slot machines and the most interesting games that will suck you in for hours.

2. Abamenko Petro

October 24, 2023 6:55 pm

Crafting a compelling psychology PhD research proposal can be a daunting task. The expertise provided on this page can significantly ease this process. The recommendations shared on research proposal in psychology are tailored to ensure a smooth progression from a nebulous idea to a well-structured proposal, setting a solid foundation for your academic journey.

3. Trial Gauthier

November 21, 2023 3:49 pm

Hey everyone! Just wanted to share my recent experience with MasterPapers https://us.masterpapers.com/blog/nursing-research-topics I stumbled upon their blog while searching for a reliable paper writing service, and I’m so glad I did! The information on their blog gave me insights into their writing process, and it convinced me to give their services a try. Spoiler alert: totally worth it! Seriously, MasterPapers is a lifesaver! I needed help with my paper, and their master writing service delivered beyond my expectations. The quality of the paper was top-notch, and the whole process was smooth. I can confidently say they are my go-to paper writing service now.

4. polinkuer12

December 11, 2023 2:29 am

The Quick Draw game offers different categories to choose from, such as animals, objects, and actions, allowing players to select what they want to draw. It also keeps track of your progress and shows you how well you performed compared to other players.

5. mandres

January 19, 2024 1:34 pm

I came across https://kasynoanalyzer.com/ while searching for reliable online casіno options in London. What I appreciate most about this site is its focus on security and trustworthiness of the casinos it reviews. They provide thorough assessments of the safety measures and licensing information of various platforms, which is crucial for secure online gamіng.

6. Andy Kayfman

February 14, 2024 7:20 pm

Engaging with the inspiring post on reducing food waste by the North London Waste Authority on https://www.dnpcapstoneproject.com/examples-of-dnp-capstone-projects/is truly eye-opening! Amidst the call to action and sustainable solutions, it’s crucial to acknowledge the invaluable support of dnp capstone project writers. With their compassionate expertise and guidance, addressing environmental challenges becomes a journey filled with hope and impact. Trust me, with dnp capstone project writers by your side, you’ll be empowered to make a meaningful difference in the world!